Thursday, December 20, 2007

The New York Football Giants

OK. Let's be honest, all I want for Christmas, if I celebrated it, is a playoff victory from the Giants! After 2 seasons of making the playoffs and then bowing out in the first game (the Panthers game is one I will never forget), how nice would it be to win a playoff game in a season most predicted a last place finish?

How about that game today!?!?!?!

What is such a gross shame is that none of this O-line was voted to the pro-bowl this week. They did such a great f*cking job today opening up holes all over the line for the 2 backs to run through. I mean that Bradshaw (more on him in a moment) run was all the Oline. Jacobs long run was all from a great block. This line had the 2nd best average yards per game in the NFC coming into today (the Vikes lead the NFL) and all they did today was ring up 291 on the ground and raise that average to nearly 139. 139 yards per game on the ground folks...you can give me all the complaints you want about Eli but give me 139/rpg and the most sacks in football and lets go to war in the playoffs against this weak NFC.

7 straight road wins. Seven! I mean what team wins 7 on the road and just 3 at home? Oh, right. The New York Giants!

Let me clear one thing up now, and this is mostly for the fellas with tickets. I will be there on Saturday around noon. Danny is booked to come in as well. This will be his 10th game of this season, ALL ON THE ROAD. I fully expect each and everyone of you who call yourself Giants fans to be there along side of us. Whether it is rain or snow or whatever. Sure the Pats are 15-0. Sure the game will mean very little or maybe even nothing to the Giants. But this is what makes us the season ticket holders. When many of you (and I won't name names right now) decided not to come to the last game, your dedication was questioned. To not show up and celebrate the 2007 season, cheer them into the playoffs and of course have one last great tailgate with your extended family, will answers those questions. So many times we have heard that Giants Stadium is not an intimidating place to come play. Do you want to continue to be part of that problem?

OK, a couple of other notes:

- Bradshaw! Finally, the kid is unleashed. Great speed. Nice moves. Do we let Ward walk and make this tandem the 2008 backfield?

- Toomer. What a true professional. What a career. What a bounce back from last week. I can't say enough about Toomer.

- Congrats TC. 10 wins! Who would've thought that was possible. (except for Larry)

- Spags. Can we say enough about him either? I think Strahan may just sign on again just because of him. Best move of the off season by far.

- Kavika! Seriously, I remember the day we signed him. Larry and I were like "OK, nice signing" in hopes of more to come. Nothing more came. Look at them now.

- The Pro-bowl. Let me get this straight...baseball votes at the half-way mark for the all star game, so basically does the NBA and the NHL. Why does the NFL vote with 2 games to play? I mean I get that the actual pro-bowl game means nothing but why not just wait until the end of the year and vote? I seriously don't get this at all. It's like whatever you do in the last 2 games means nothing? You could carry your team into the playoffs single handed in the last 2 weeks and that would be meaningless in the pro-bowl voting. Just a weird system.


OK, that's it for now.

For everyone reading this...I hope you and your families have a very Merry Christmas, had a very Happy Chanukah and have a GREAT NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stop worrying about your tailgate bretheren who are real fans. This my friend is embarassing http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3168221

What happened to bleeding big blue? I guess bleeding $$$$$ takes over??