Monday, February 04, 2008

Grown men crying...

OK...I think it's sunk in now. WE ARE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS. Yes, "WE". You, me, Fink, Henry, Larry, Danny, Hersh, Yarkon, Jerry, Sarah, Saul, Bubba, Stenzler (and his entire tailgate crew), Jay Frank, Hy & Dan, Simon, Jeff Hersh, Sonny, Venokur (yes, you too), Will Rose, Bubba's cousin, The Hefty Lefty, Cousin Stephanie and Cousin Dennis, etc etc, WE are SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

I've been trying to decide what to write since about noon today, which was about the time I started to actually feel like a human being again.

I really didn't think I could put into words what I wanted to say and how I feel. Frankly, I still don't. Days like Sunday, wins like Sunday, only come around a few times in our lives, if we are lucky, and I wanted to make sure I wrote something worthy of a time like this.

By the time tonight rolled around I was so tired I didn't think I had the energy to blog at all.

Then I checked my email...

In my inbox were 2 pictures that in this fan's humble opinion tell the story by themselves.

My friends...I give you Myself and Larry celebrating victory in New Jersey and Danny & Hersh celebrating victory in Arizona. The looks on these smiling faces say it all....

Pure Joy...

This is why we watch sports my friends. This is what it is all about.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW YORK GIANTS AND CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERY FAN OUT THERE!!!

1 comment:

byarkon said...

we are superbowl champs, the mets are the favorites in the NL, spring training is alive and kicking, and no blogs??????? You guys still alive?