Sunday, May 04, 2008

A blog-worthy weekend

OK...let's get this out of the way. If you don't score on the powerplay in the playoffs, you don't advance. It's as simple as that. The Pens were the better team but giving away game 1 and not scoring on the man and two-man advantage repeatedly throughout the series did them in. The King was far from royalty worthy and aside from Jagr (please come back), nobody had a standout series. Going out in round 2 for the 2nd year in a row just sucks but this team will be back, Jagr or not, next year, as the youth on this club is really something to be excited about for the Rangers fans out there. 3 playoff years in a row. Next year, I want a Cup!

Now let's talk about the boys out in Arizona. I know people wanted to bad mouth Wagner on Thursday and Friday but I think what he said got through to the team. I really do.

They played inspired baseball on Friday night and after the Delgado HR on Saturday cut the game to a run, I really saw some life and spunk in the team that I haven't seen in months. I know Duaner came out and shit the bed but I really think we may have turned a corner and, dare I say it, have started to develop a team identity. Taking 2 of 3 today, while robbing Johan of a win while doing it, was huge. The D'backs came into the series with the talk that they are the team to beat in the NL. The Mets, the team to beat the past 2 seasons despite the collapse, told them NOT SO FAST.

With the Rangers going home today, it's all baseball from here until late August. Jayme is 36 weeks so the blogs will come as time permits but I am now focused and ready to look ahead to a great May and beyond of Mets baseball.

I know many (all?) of you could care less about the Rangers so I kick the blog back to how it began....all Mets, all the time.

LETS GO METS

1 comment:

byarkon said...

Ryan Church for president!!!
Guy is playing awesome baseball. He has a cannon arm, I was not aware of it when he came over. If he can actually speed up alittle him getting rid of the ball he might be the most dangerous RF out there. He has a really sweet lefty swing too, not dead pull which I like. He is doing what we needed Shawn Green to do for us. I am trying to get excited about this squad, I need to see a nice 5 and 6 game win streak to really get going.