Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ya Gotta Believe!

OK Mets fans....

BIG WIN

Let's tip our caps to Mike Pelfrey & Jorge Sosa for getting us through this one and re-starting our broken hearts.

I have to admit, I have never been happier watching our beloved club beat a terrible baseball team than I was last night beating the lowly Nots.

After watching the game, I gave the remote over to my beautiful wife Jayme and headed upstairs to my office..went over to the computer...keyed in espn.com and launched the Gamecast for the Phils-Cards game. For the next 90 minutes or so I watched the computer screen and in the 10th inning, the great game of baseball decided to finally shine down on the Metropolitans. First, former yankee Miguel Cairo (seriously, who the hell knew this guy wasn't a yankee anymore?) singles with 1 out. Then he steals second during a Russell Branyan AB that ended in a K (side note: Russell Branyan has been on 3 teams this season including the hates Phils) and comes home to score the winning run on a single by none other than Yadier F*ckin Molina.

A Yankee and the very Cardinal that knocked us out of the playoffs last year win a game that helps the Mets tremendously. What a sport!

So with 11 games to play (and 10 for the Phils) the Magic # is now at 9. Sure it took a week to move this number but it is officially in single digits and with 21 combined games left and a 3 game lead in the loss column, this somehow doesn't seem that hard.

Glavine & Pedro the next 2 days against the lowly Marlins.

Tug, my man, I believe!

LETS GO METS!

1 comment:

byarkon said...

Does Thursday nights game even deserve it's own blog? This team is in big trouble boys, bigggggg trouble.