Monday, August 13, 2007

Finally, our own blog


So for a long time people like my buddy Adam Kalish have been telling me to write a blog or something as I usually fill his email box daily with my personal thoughts on my beloved Mets and his annoying Yankees. In between sending emails and doing some actual work during the day, I often spend time IMing with my co-author Jason Fink and my good friend Larry Goldberg. A few months back Fink and I started joking around calling ourselves "coopafink" as we often just sent quick IM updates of Mets related information back and forth to each other. Some of the info we would get from the much respected metsblog.com (Matt Cerrone and his team do a great job), some from the incomparable Kenny Rosenthal, some from the NY papers, some from Rotoworld.com and many from the world of Internet radio, mainly 3 personalities, Colin Cowherd and the infamous Mike and the Mad Dog.

But now, we finally decided that we get to be the ones giving the information and opinions. We are the ones to tell you how poorly Willie has managed recently and how Lastings should be playing every day. We are the ones who get to report that somehow Joba Chamberlain is a white guy. We are the ones who gave you the stats on why Sosa should be the right handed man in the bullpen a week before he was given the job. We are the ones who do this stuff all day every day anyway so why shouldn't our friends and their friends enjoy it.

With that said, I want to welcome everyone to the Coop-a-Fink blog. We hope you enjoy it each day, we will try to keep it updated as often as possible and invite all of you to post comments.

2 comments:

The Cat said...

you two need help...as in serious help

The Cat said...

IOWT? is that code word for "we are a bunch of geeks?"